Monday, September 19, 2005

Monday Morning Blues!

I hate Mondays. Especially when I have to wake up at 8 am to come to school. Seriously that's not fun.

But blogging is fun! The only problem is the life is so amazingly monotonous at times - its difficult to come up with something I can talk about. None wants to hear about the classes I slept through, the assignments I could not to finish , the deadlines I failed to meet and the girls who refused to date me ( Just kidding - good boys don't date girls!).

How times change. I have this friend from my high school days - back then he was a vociferous communist - heaping scorn on "America" for every vice in the world. Fast forward to present - he is working with some software company here, and enjoying life in general. This is not meant to be an indictment - he is a really great guy - but to show how all of us have inherent inconsistencies. I know most of us would stay back here or at least try to - but when asked they would vehemently say how much they love India and their family and how they just can not tolerate the American mindset.

I just don't think these are contradictory. You can love India and do a lot for it if you want to , no matter where you are. And if you are selfish - care about your career and a comfortable life (which I probably am) you wont do anything for the society wherever you are!

P.S - Birthday wishes for Shubhoshree (22nd August) , Saswati (8th September) , Debashree (20th September).

No comments: